With the recent rise in the demand for augmented reality in the technology world, special interest is taken into recognizing the organizations that provides this services as a solution to springing challenges. The International Data Corporation (IDC) has therefore taken into recognition five companies that specializes in providing augmented reality as a service to customers. These companies are; Help Lightning, Librestream, ScopeAR, SightCall, and Upskill.
Operations of the five profiled companies includes;
- ‘Scope AR’ is known for its platform that is AR specific and provides remote experts with industrial knowledge needed to fully solve challenges.
- ‘Upskill’ which is known for its AR platform also, majorly used in fully regulated industries.
- ‘Help Lightning’ provides clients with a virtual and interactive environment which aids partnerships and interactions.
- ‘SightCall’ which utilizes the use of both AR and also artificial intelligence in providing specific related services to its customers which also includes technicians.
- ‘Librestream’ provides a field AR platform that includes specialized core capabilities.
One common attribute to these five organizations includes the fact that their supply of augmented reality application serves as a means to bridging the gap between remote field workers and real- time intelligence, thereby delivering high resolutions.
According to Aly Pinder Jr, who is the Program Director for Service Innovation and Connected Products at IDC Manufacturing Insights, “Customers are less likely to tolerate waiting for resolution as we all become accustomed to on- demand answers and expert service on our schedules. To meet this need for faster service, manufactures and service organizations are looking to new tools such as augmented reality to equip the field team with remote expertise and on- demand knowledge to solve problems correctly on that first visit.”
By IDC, augmented reality is a technology type that creates a middle line between the real world and the digital world; it does this by creating a balance between an individual’s actual world and digital information. Beyond the earlier modes of use such as mobile phones, augmented reality now has a number of other transmitting mediums such as pilots of more enterprise- grade hardware. Augmented reality is known to provide remote experts with avenues through which they can work together with other service technicians and deliver real- time support to their various clients.