Good news is here as Mitsubishi Electric Corporation announces its launch of a new series of servo system starting from the 7th of May, 2019. The series includes the General Purpose AC Servo MELSERVO J5 Series (65 models) and the iQ-R Series Motion Unit.
These new series from Mitsubishi will be the world’s first ever servo systems to be found in the market that support the CC-Link IE TSN next-generation industrial open network. As it offers performance which is rather industry-leading (looking from the angle of its servo amplifier frequency response amongst others) as well as compatibility with CC-Link TSN, the new products from Mitsubishi are sure to add to enhanced performance for machines and rapidly improve smart factory solutions.
Here are some mind-blowing features of the new series as released by Mitsubishi Electric research as of the 7th of March, 2019:
- A great speed for communication with CC-Link-IE TSN for enhanced productivity
- High-speed communication which is synchronous with CC-Link-IE TSN, existing between vision sensors as well as other connected devices is bound to improve the overall performance of machine.
- It remains the world’s first motion control unit and its supports CC-Link-IE TSN; achieves operation cycle time of 31.25µs
- Performance that confirms its place as a leader in the industry; allowing for a better accuracy and higher machine speeds
- Servo motors properly equipped with industry-leading and amazing high-resolution encoders (67, 108, 864 pules/rev) decrease torque fluctuation that allows for accurate and stable positioning.
- Servo amplifiers having a 3.5KHz frequency response, which allows for the shortening of cycle time of production equipment.
- New HK Series servo motor also gives its contribution to machine value
- In a bid to decrease the procedures for maintenance, rotary servo motors are well-equipped with absolute encoder (the industry’s smallest and battery-less), developed by Mitsubishi Electric and supplied with power with the use of a unique generating structure for self-powering.
- HK rotary servo motors allow for connection to both power supply servo amplifiers, with voltage of 200V as well as 400V.
- In a bid to save space and time during the course of installation, encoder and power connections for servo motors are made simple into a single cable as well as a connector.